Girls night out

Girls night out
I am the one on the right

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

DDIY - DONT DO IT YOURSELF!

For those of you that dont know me I love getting all practical and doing guy stuff like changing light bulbs and hanging pictures.

A few weeks ago I decided to tackle a bigger task I needed glass shelving in my new shop window and I figured that I could get the job done...

So I went to the hardware store bought brackets and ordered glass to be cut in the shelf size, and I found this wonderful product called NO NAILS GLUE perfect so I spent an afternoon measuring and leveling these brackets to make the shelves were straight and glued the brackets into place .

The next day when I was sure the glue was dry I put the glass on and left it on for another day just to make sure it would hold! when it did I started placing display items on not too many but to see if it would hold , eventually I had everything I wanted on the shelves Olive oil, Jams , Honey, Greek Olives, Pickles, Nuts, Biscuits and a Beautiful Rooster that crow's when you clap your hands!

This morning I get to work to find my floor marinating in olive oil honey jam the olives were flung from one end of the shop to the other and my poor rooster lying violated on the floor and covered in jam glass and pickles! The clean up took hours not to mention there is glass everywhere luckily nobody was in the shop when it fell or I would be forking out hospital bills as it was not just little shards of glass on the floor but huge mother fuckers that were flung as far back as my store room!


So the conclusion is FUCK DIY with capitals I shall be taking down the mirror I hung so proudly in my house last weekend before that falls and decapitates some poor defenseless house guest or worse on of my precious kitty's and I will from now on contact a professional for any work of this nature that needs to be done! I am obviously not ment to do this stuff!

No comments: