Girls night out

Girls night out
I am the one on the right

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh Bother what a Day!!

I Used to work for Hotels that was before I branched out on my own in the big wide world, now for some unknown reason yesterday I get a phone call advising me that I am being implicated on Credit Card Fraud Charges!!!

WHAT THE HELL .... Me model citizen (ok maybe not all the time) but I have not worked there for more than a year, and this is the first I hear of it ? come on!!

Lets start from the begging maybe some of you can advise me on what to do?

I resigned my post at the Hotel as I wanted to open my own business and I could find no other way to get out of the abusive relationship I was in.
When I resigned the GM / Front Office Manager and I decided that the Reservation Manager would be taking over my position and we would find a new person to take her position.
I was informed not to assist in training him as this would fall under the current reservations manager and I only needed to train her to take over my position.

I was in charge of balancing all revenue department's and I was good at this and I can swear that everything balanced until my last day at the Hotel.

However I had heard that the girl taking over my position was not balancing correctly however I had given all the assistance I could to help her and it was then time for me to leave.

The new Chap that took over her position that she trained was apparently refunding money off the credit card machine into his own account. (How they balanced I dont know as there are around 5 proceedures to follow should you wish to refund a credit card.

1.) Have a written authorization from the card holder instructing that the money be refunded
2.) Have an invoice number and copy of the invoice for what the money was paid over for.
3.) Have Authorization from the GM to refund the money.(that was a mission in itself you had to have a detailed reason why the money was to be refunded)
4.) you had to have proof that the original payment was received into our account
5.) you had to post the negative amount for the revenue center it was originally posted to so you revenue would balance at the end of the day.

So please tell me how you steal money from the credit card machine where is the proof that the original amount was paid into our account? and how could they balance at the end of the day unless they were posting negative amounts to revenue departments where it would have been picked up on at the end of the month?

I do not know exactly how they are trying to implicate me in this as I only worked with him for a month whilst I was leaving and I never trained him I may have assisted him whilst the reservations manager was off duty but I was specifically instructed not to train him as she did not want conflict of interest between my training and the reservations managers

and regardless why would I train him how to use a credit card machine he came from a reservations company who did manual credit card payments all the time?

And now with everything else on my plate they squish this on too I have to go to court in Feb for this (No wonder I have bad anxiety attacks)

4 comments:

SheBee said...

Tiff no way! Tell them you can't afford it! This is such bullshit!

Timeshare points said...

I know but they actually pay for it but I cant really leave my shop so need to get someone in to run it, I am so bummed over this its not funny!!!

Victor Meyer said...

OMG ... what a load of kak. Tell them to f**k off hon!

Timeshare points said...

Hey VJ so glad to see you around I seriously wish I could tell them to f**k off its such a load of crap ... well what can I do....
anyway today is an awesome day it my b day and nothing can get me down ;-)
luv ya hun come visit soon please !!!