Girls night out

Girls night out
I am the one on the right

Friday, February 8, 2008

Black Swans and Bats

I have just got home from the most amazing holiday,

No really despite the title we had an amazing time, we were booked into this stunning chalet with its own private dam and black swans, we had all meals catered for in the restaurant and drinks in the Bar. (Besides the night Shanon decided to cook the most amazing chicken breasts with rosemary and fresh cream yummmmm)

Now the whole reason why I had to go up to the Drakensberg was to testify in criminal court case I was not really testifying for anyone but just recalling certain events that took place at the hotel I used to work for.

Luckily I got to take 2 of my closest friends with me, Kim and Sheen and Kim's friend Shanon joined us for Monday night.

The first evening in the restaurant was a little hair raising as out of nowhere this huge bat started to fly around the restaurant as Sheen saw it she lost all her lady like etiquette screamed swore dropped her knife and fork and ran to the nearest "EXIT" and lit up a smoke. (I think the old couple at the table next to us thought we were uncultured hooligans as I am sure their eye sight was not good enough to see the bat and so our behavior was uncalled for as they kept scowling at us and tisk tisk ing us when they looked our way!!)

We also spent a fabulous morning watching all the birds of prey at Falcon Ridge, we climbed to the view point at the hotel, and we even tried to start our own fire in the fire place at the chalet.

All in all a wonderful getaway something I was really in need of, to clear my head and rethink what I want out of my life.

Now the Drive there and back was enough stress to cause the requirement of a Holiday !!! Yes I admit to being the worlds worst back seat driver but my dear and beloved friend Sheen CANT DRIVE I thought I was going to DIE (Sheen I love you but SLOW DOWN AND TAKE TIME) cutting in between trucks and going 160kmph in a 120kmph zone riding up other cars bums and hitting the brakes at the very last second!! Enjoy the ride get to the destination!
(I still love you)

anyway thats all for now I am back home back at work and enjoying my life again!

1 comment:

otilius said...

Whew! I hope that all worked out well.

Happy Valentine's Day!